1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
10. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
14. Without moral standards or principles.
15. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
16. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
19. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
20. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
22. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. God of love and erotic desire.
27. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
30. Someone who is skilled at analyzing data.
34. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
36. The unlimited 3-dimensional expanse in which everything is located.
37. A resort city in western Florida.
39. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
41. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
42. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
43. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
46. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
50. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
59. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
60. A city in north central Morocco.
61. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
62. The first month of the year.
63. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
64. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
65. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
2. Walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud.
3. God of death.
4. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
5. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
6. The state of being covered with unclean things.
7. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
8. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
9. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
10. Largest known toad species.
11. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
12. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
17. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
18. The skin that covers the top of the head.
21. Jordan's port.
24. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
26. A Nilotic language.
28. Type genus of the Anatidae.
29. Willing to face danger.
31. A sharply directional antenna.
32. The act of scanning.
33. A three-tone Chadic language.
35. The capital of Western Samoa.
38. An informal term for a father.
40. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
45. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
46. Being nine more than forty.
47. In bed.
48. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
49. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
50. A decree that prohibits something.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. A Hindu prince or king in India.
53. Wearing or provided with clothing.
54. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
57. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
58. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
59. An associate degree in nursing.