1. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
5. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
10. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
13. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
14. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
15. A boy or man.
16. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
17. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
19. Join the military.
21. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
23. Of a pale purple color.
24. A bachelor's degree in religion.
25. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
36. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
41. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
42. A cadenced trot executed by the horse in one spot.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
51. A gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile.
53. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
57. A state in southeastern United States.
58. Before noon.
61. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
65. Tag the base runner to get him out.
66. An informal term for a father.
67. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
68. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
1. Lap at the front of a coat.
2. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
3. An Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers.
4. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
5. (informal) Very tired.
6. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
7. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
8. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
11. A city in east central Texas.
12. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
18. Lower in esteem.
20. Singing jazz.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
30. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
31. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
33. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
35. Not fed.
38. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
39. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
43. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
44. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
45. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
46. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
48. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
50. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
52. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
54. The tissue forming the hard outer layer of e.g. a fruit.
55. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
56. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
59. Extremely pleasing.
60. Black tropical American cuckoo.
62. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
63. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
64. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.