1. Of southern Europe.
4. United States abolitionist born a slave on a plantation in Maryland and became a famous conductor on the Underground Railroad leading other slaves to freedom in the North (1820-1913).
10. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
13. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. Make richer.
15. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.
19. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
21. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
23. The female or generative principle.
25. Aroused to impatience or anger.
26. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
29. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
30. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. The capital of Croatia.
35. A human limb.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Have confidence or faith in.
41. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
45. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
51. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
54. A large indefinite number.
55. God of love and erotic desire.
58. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
59. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
61. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
62. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
63. A genus of Ploceidae.
64. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
1. The capital of Western Samoa.
2. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
3. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
4. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
5. A transuranic element.
6. Wild geese.
7. Some point in the air.
8. (informal) Of the highest quality.
9. A state in New England.
10. Humorously vulgar.
11. Become ground down or deteriorate.
12. Having the head uncovered.
18. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
20. A person who makes use of a thing.
22. (informal) Exceptionally good.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
32. In bed.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
37. Experiencing a sudden sense of danger.
38. (informal) Of the highest quality.
40. Noisy talk.
42. An associate degree in applied science.
43. Highly seasoned fatty sausage of pork and beef usually dried.
46. Greek mythology.
47. With no effort to conceal.
48. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
49. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
50. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
52. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
53. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
56. A resource.
57. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
60. A person forced to flee from home or country.