1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained.
10. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
13. A human limb.
14. 1 species.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. To an excessive degree.
17. Put into a rage.
18. The basic unit of money in Albania.
19. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
21. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
22. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
24. A populous province in northeastern China.
25. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
26. Squash bugs.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
37. A flexible container with a single opening.
38. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
39. God of the underworld.
44. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. Jordan's port.
53. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
54. A heavy wooden pole (such as the trunk of a young fir) tossed as a test of strength (in the Highlands of Scotland).
57. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
58. An informal term for a father.
59. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
61. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
62. One or some or every or all without specification.
63. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
64. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
1. A hidden drawback.
2. A member of the working class (not necessarily employed).
3. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
4. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
5. (British) Your grandmother.
6. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
7. Used especially of fruits.
8. A periodic paperback publication.
9. In bed.
10. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
20. Family based on male descent.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
27. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
30. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
31. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
32. An associate degree in applied science.
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
40. Top part of an apron.
41. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
42. The vein in the center of a leaf.
43. A small cake leavened with yeast.
45. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
46. An informal term for a father.
48. (medieval Europe) A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord.
49. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
50. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
52. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
60. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.