1. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
4. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
10. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
14. Capital of Armenia.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
18. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
20. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
22. Serving no useful purpose.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
27. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
34. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
36. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
37. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
40. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
44. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
45. (of winds) Coming from the sea toward the land.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. The last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. An informal term for a father.
62. Being one more than nine.
63. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
65. The seventh and last day of the week.
66. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
67. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
68. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
1. An inhabitant of Lappland.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
4. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
5. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
6. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
7. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
8. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
9. An associate degree in nursing.
10. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
11. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
12. Serving as or forming a base.
17. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
19. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
23. An aggressive and violent young criminal.
25. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
28. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
29. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
32. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
33. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
35. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A quantity of no importance.
39. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
41. Either of two huge coniferous California trees that reach a height of 300 feet.
42. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
46. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
47. Struck with fear, dread, or consternation.
51. In bed.
52. An unofficial association of people or groups.
53. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
54. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
56. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
57. A United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
59. Extremely pleasing.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.