1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Of or relating to of comprising atoms.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
14. (archaic) The emperor of Japan.
15. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
19. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
22. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
23. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
27. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
28. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
32. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
35. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
37. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
39. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
40. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
44. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
47. A fraudulent business scheme.
50. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
51. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
55. An accidental happening.
59. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
60. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
61. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
63. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
64. How long something has existed.
65. A port city in southwestern Iran.
66. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. Squash bugs.
2. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Type genus of the Amiidae.
5. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
6. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
7. A cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the surface of the sun.
8. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
9. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. Pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness.
12. American novelist (1909-1955).
18. Used especially of fruits.
20. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
24. Military headquarters from which a military commander controls and organizes the forces.
25. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
26. The content of cognition.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. The face of a timepiece.
31. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
33. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
34. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
41. Rate of revolution of a motor.
42. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
43. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
45. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
46. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
48. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
49. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
52. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
53. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
54. A quantity of no importance.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
57. A boy or man.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
62. An associate degree in nursing.