1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. Very small northern fish.
10. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
13. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
14. The first light of day.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
19. take exception to.
21. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. Dwell (archaic).
26. An advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution.
29. Either extremity of something that has length.
33. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
37. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
39. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
41. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. An effortful attempt to attain a goal.
45. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
46. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
48. A minor parish official who serves as an usher and preserves order at services.
51. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
55. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. A human limb.
60. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
62. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
63. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
64. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
65. The dialect of Chinese spoken in Canton and neighboring provinces and in Hong Kong and elsewhere outside China.
1. (informal) Exceptionally good.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
4. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
5. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
6. Colonial siphonophore of up to 130 ft long.
7. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
8. Garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed.
9. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
11. Cry plaintively.
12. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
18. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
20. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
24. A small short-legged smooth-coated breed of hound.
25. A doctor's degree in religion.
27. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
28. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
30. The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands.
31. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
32. By bad luck.
34. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
35. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
36. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
38. A genus of Ploceidae.
40. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
42. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Suggestive of the supernatural.
50. The highest level or degree attainable.
52. Full of zest or vigor.
53. A Loloish language.
54. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
56. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Informal terms for a mother.