1. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
4. Australian physiologist noted for his research on the conduction of impulses by nerve cells (1903-1997).
10. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
13. Gone by.
14. A person's partner in marriage.
15. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
16. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
17. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
18. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
19. Any of several large deciduous trees with rounded spreading crowns and smooth gray bark and small sweet edible triangular nuts enclosed in burs.
21. A favorable omen.
23. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
26. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
27. A heavy gray-white metallic element.
29. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
30. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
33. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
37. A Mid-Atlantic state.
38. The sacred writings of the Christian religion.
40. An associate degree in applied science.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
48. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
50. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
54. God of wealth and love.
58. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
59. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
62. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. Being one more than two.
64. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
66. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
67. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
68. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
69. An informal term for a father.
1. Young sheep.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. United States writer and editor (1837-1920).
4. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
5. An accountant certified by the state.
6. An argument opposed to a proposal.
7. Of or relating to or associated with the moon.
8. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
9. A plaything that is ridden up and down by children at either end.
10. Full of flavor.
11. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
12. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
20. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
22. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
24. Type genus of the Gavidae.
25. The square of a body of any size of type.
28. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. By bad luck.
32. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
34. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. The cry made by sheep.
36. Inquire about.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. Of or relating to apnea.
43. A decree that prohibits something.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. A genus of Pyralidae.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. The capital of Western Samoa.
52. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
53. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
55. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
56. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
57. In bed.
60. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
61. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
65. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.