1. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
5. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
10. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
13. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
14. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
15. Being ten more than one hundred thirty.
16. Of or relating to or like or in the manner of the Roman Seneca.
18. A water wheel with buckets attached to the rim.
20. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
21. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
23. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
24. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
26. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
28. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
31. The cry made by sheep.
32. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
35. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
37. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
39. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
40. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
43. Before noon.
44. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
45. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
48. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
51. Superclass of eel-shaped chordates lacking jaws and pelvic fins.
56. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
59. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
60. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
62. Of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section.
63. Floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile).
64. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
66. A doctor's degree in education.
67. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
68. Small wooden bat with a flat surface.
69. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
1. A city in Tuscany.
2. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
3. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
4. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
5. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
6. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
7. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
8. A state in north central United States.
9. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
10. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
11. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
12. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
17. Baby bed with high sides.
19. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
25. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
29. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
30. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
33. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
34. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
36. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
38. Suggestive of the supernatural.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
47. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
49. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
50. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
52. Wild ox of mountainous areas of eastern India.
53. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
54. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
55. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
57. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
58. (prefix) Within.
61. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
65. A Mid-Atlantic state.