1. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
4. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
9. A Loloish language.
13. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
14. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
15. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
16. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
19. The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec.
21. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
24. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
25. Make amends for.
28. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
29. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
33. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. A tax on various goods brought into a town.
43. A Russian river.
44. Suggestive of the supernatural.
45. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
47. Half the width of an em.
48. The sound made by a gentle blow.
51. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
53. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
54. Having the physical appearance of death.
57. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
59. (Scotland) A landowner.
62. A Scottish word.
63. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
64. Wear away.
66. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
67. Having much flesh (especially fat).
68. Foul with waste matter.
69. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. A group of biological taxa or species that share features inherited from a common ancestor.
2. (in a digital numeration system) The positive integer that is equivalent to one in the next higher counting place.
3. Innovative United States dancer and choreographer (born in 1941).
4. A Russian river.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. Wanted intensely.
7. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
8. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
9. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
10. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
11. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
12. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
17. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
20. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
22. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
26. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
27. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
30. A desert in central Asia.
31. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
32. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
34. Water frozen in the solid state.
35. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
39. Avatar of Vishnu.
40. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
41. The template for protein synthesis.
42. Fool's parsley.
43. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
46. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
49. American filmmaker and comic actor (1935- ).
50. A major victory by the Romans over the Macedonians in 168 BC.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
56. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
58. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. A strong emotion.
65. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).