1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
10. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
14. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. (informal) Of the highest quality.
17. United States space station.
18. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
19. A person to whom money is paid.
21. The capital and largest city of Poland.
25. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
28. A branch of the Tai languages.
29. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
33. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
34. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
35. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
39. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
40. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
49. A building where prostitutes are available.
55. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
59. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
60. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
61. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
62. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
63. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
64. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
65. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
3. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
4. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
5. The basic unit of money in Albania.
6. A port city in western Turkey.
7. A person active in party politics.
8. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
9. The capital of Morocco.
10. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
11. Common Indian weaverbird.
12. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
20. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
22. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
23. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
24. A state in the western United States.
26. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
27. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
37. A light touch or stroke.
41. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
42. Squash bugs.
43. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
46. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A particular environment or walk of life.
50. An elaborate song for solo voice.
51. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
52. The probability of a specified outcome.
53. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
54. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
57. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
58. The cry made by sheep.
59. A state in northwestern North America.