1. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
5. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
10. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
13. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
14. Aroused to impatience or anger.
15. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
16. A drama set to music.
18. A Russian river.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. Small genus of mediterranean shrubs.
22. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
28. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
30. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
31. In bed.
35. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
37. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
38. In some classifications considered a genus of subfamily Melinae.
39. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
45. Unknown god.
47. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
50. A large fleet.
53. An informal term for a father.
56. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
57. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
58. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
60. A small cake leavened with yeast.
62. Similar to the striped mullet and takes its place in the Caribbean region.
63. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
65. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
66. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
67. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (Roman mythology) God of love.
2. Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used.
3. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. A son who has the same first name as his father.
6. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
7. Feed, care for, and rear young birds for flight.
8. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
9. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
10. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
11. Type genus of the Hylidae.
12. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
17. Before noon.
21. Lower in esteem.
23. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
26. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
27. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
29. Toward the mouth or oral region.
32. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
33. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
34. An informal term for a father.
36. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
40. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
43. Affect with wonder.
44. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
46. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Jordan's port.
51. A sudden short attack.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
54. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
60. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).