1. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
4. A group of related languages spoken in a valley of southern Ethiopia.
10. A branch of the Tai languages.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
14. A deep bow.
15. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
16. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
17. Largest crested screamer.
19. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
22. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
25. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
26. Deciduous dioecious Chinese tree having fan-shaped leaves and fleshy yellow seeds.
30. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
32. A small drink of liquor.
33. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
39. Implement consisting of a small piece of cotton that is used to apply medication or cleanse a wound or obtain a specimen of a secretion.
41. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. A master's degree in fine arts.
45. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
47. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
49. Of or relating to or characteristic of Uganda or its people.
53. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
57. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
59. Goddess of fate.
60. The month following April and preceding June.
61. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
62. The cry made by sheep.
1. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
2. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
3. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
4. Of or relating to the songbirds n.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
6. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
7. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
8. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
9. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
11. A special way of doing something.
12. A sign of something about to happen.
18. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
20. An informal term for a father.
21. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
24. How long something has existed.
27. Strike sharply.
28. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
29. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. 1 species.
37. Inability to make purposeful movements.
38. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
40. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
43. English monk and scholar (672-735).
46. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
48. Resembling a labyrinth in form or complexity.
50. Material used to daub walls.
51. A city in northern India.
52. A quantity of no importance.
54. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
55. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
58. A state in north central United States.