1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Short and fat.
9. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
13. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
14. A crime syndicate in the United States.
15. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
18. A Hindu prince or king in India.
19. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
21. A governor of a province in ancient Persia.
23. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
25. A long piece of brightly colored cloth (cotton or silk) used as clothing (a skirt or loincloth or sash etc.) in India and Pakistan and Burma.
28. A primeval personification of air and breath.
29. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
34. An organization of United States war veterans.
35. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
40. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
42. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
47. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
51. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
52. Obvious and dull.
55. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
57. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
58. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
60. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
61. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
62. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
63. The cry made by sheep.
1. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
2. Lacking excess flesh.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
5. Of or concerning Qatar.
6. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
7. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
8. Any seed plant yielding balsam.
9. The quantity contained in a carton.
10. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
11. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
12. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
20. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
22. In bed.
24. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
26. An awkward stupid person.
27. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
32. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
33. (Irish) The sea personified.
36. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
37. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
38. A genus of Falconidae.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
44. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
46. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
49. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
54. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
56. God of the earth.
59. Unknown god.