1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
9. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
13. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
14. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
15. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
16. Any small compartment.
17. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
18. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
19. Slanderous defamation.
21. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
23. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
25. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
26. Considerate and solicitous care.
29. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
34. Receiver consisting of a pair of headphones.
38. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
39. A man who is a stupid fool.
41. A Hindu prince or king in India.
43. English monk and scholar (672-735).
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Small branch or division of a branch.
48. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
50. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
54. Gone by.
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. A doctor who practices veterinary medicine.
60. Plants closely allied to the genera Satureja and Calamintha.
61. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
62. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
63. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
64. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
3. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
4. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
5. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. Divulge information or secrets.
8. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. A single splash.
10. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
11. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
12. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
20. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
22. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
27. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
28. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
30. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
31. On or toward the lee.
32. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
33. An informal term for a father.
35. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
40. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
41. A single splash.
42. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
43. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
45. Having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy.
46. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
47. Legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity.
49. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
51. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
52. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
55. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
56. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
57. An operating system that is on a disk.