1. Long and light rowing boat.
4. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
14. United States physician who in 1863 founded a medical school for women (1813-1888).
15. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. The capital of Croatia.
17. A doctor's degree in religion.
18. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. Type genus of the Majidae.
22. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
25. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. United States evangelical preacher famous as a mass evangelist (born in 1918).
31. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
35. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
36. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
38. American novelist (1909-1955).
39. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
41. A mechanically operated piano that uses a roll of perforated paper to activate the keys.
44. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
45. Either extremity of something that has length.
47. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. Cause to go crazy.
54. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
57. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
59. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
62. Preserve of crushed fruit.
63. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
64. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
2. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
4. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
5. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
6. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
7. (Greek legend) The greedy king of Phrygia who Dionysus gave the power to turn everything he touched into gold.
8. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
9. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
12. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
21. An associate degree in applied science.
23. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
24. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
26. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
28. Not widely known.
29. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
30. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. Highly excited.
33. The fatty flesh of eel.
34. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
37. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. A festival featuring African-American culture.
41. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
42. In place of, or as an alternative to.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
52. In bed.
53. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
55. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
56. A Hindu prince or king in India.
58. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
59. Being one more than one hundred.
60. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
61. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.