1. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
4. A power shovel to remove material from a channel or riverbed v 1.
10. A light touch or stroke.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
15. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
16. Philippine tree similar to the breadfruit tree bearing edible fruit.
18. With anger.
19. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
20. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
21. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
22. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
23. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
27. Quietly in concealment.
29. The brightly colored garments of a jockey.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. United States physicist who developed the first successful liquid-fueled rocket (1882-1945).
40. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
42. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. Speak in a nasal voice.
47. Type genus of Cyperaceae.
49. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
51. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
56. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
57. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
59. Tag the base runner to get him out.
60. An elaborate song for solo voice.
61. A particular environment or walk of life.
62. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
1. A resort city in western Florida.
2. Remote and separate physically or socially.
3. Read anew.
4. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
5. A motley assortment of things.
6. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
7. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
8. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
9. Socialist who wrote The Communist Manifesto with Karl Marx in 1848 (1820-1895).
10. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
11. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
12. Common Indian weaverbird.
17. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
24. A farewell remark.
26. Submersible vessel for one or two persons.
28. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
30. The median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly.
31. A French marshal who distinguished himself in the War of the Austrian Succession (1696-1750).
33. A licensed medical practitioner.
37. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
38. Any competition.
39. Dutch ophthalmologist who introduced the Snellen chart to study visual acuity (1834-1908).
41. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
42. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
45. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
46. A populous province in northeastern China.
48. A time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something.
50. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
52. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
53. A French abbot.
55. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
58. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.