1. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
4. Involving the medulla oblongata.
10. The seventh and last day of the week.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
14. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
15. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
16. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
17. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
18. The month following July and preceding September.
19. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
21. Genus of herbs and subshrubs with milky juice and showy bluish flowers.
23. An extreme state of adversity.
26. Being nine more than forty.
27. Same in identity.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. Greek mythology.
35. Having a claw or claws.
38. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
42. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
43. (informal) Exceptionally good.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
47. An associate degree in applied science.
48. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
50. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
52. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
56. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
60. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
61. A compact mass.
64. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
65. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
67. On or toward the lee.
68. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
69. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
70. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
3. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
4. An oil port in southern Iraq.
5. A city in the European part of Russia.
6. A three-year law degree.
7. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
8. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
9. Greek wine flavored with resin.
10. The act of scanning.
11. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
12. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
20. Again but in a new or different way.
22. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
24. An informal term for a father.
25. Being nine more than ninety.
28. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
29. God of death.
32. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
33. A genus of Mustelidae.
34. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. Bearing or marked with a label or tag.
42. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
44. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
46. A decree that prohibits something.
49. A public promotion of some product or service.
51. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
52. An associate degree in nursing.
53. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. Slightly wet.
55. A city in northern India.
57. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
58. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
59. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
62. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
63. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
66. A state in northwestern North America.