1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
10. An honorary degree in science.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Someone who lends money at excessive rates of interest.
15. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A nation in northern North America.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
21. Black tropical American cuckoo.
23. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
25. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
27. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
30. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A legal document giving official permission to do something.
33. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. The act of using.
38. A doctor's degree in education.
41. A very light brown.
43. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
46. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. A deep bow.
57. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
58. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
61. Black birds having a raucous call.
62. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
63. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
64. Make reference to.
65. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
66. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
67. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
1. By bad luck.
2. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. United States historian (1912-1989).
5. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
6. Of or relating to or associated with the moon.
7. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
8. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
9. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
10. The skin that covers the top of the head.
11. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
12. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
24. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
29. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
32. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. Extremely pleasing.
36. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
39. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
40. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
42. Fiddler crabs.
47. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
48. Strong and sharp.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. Again but in a new or different way.
51. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
52. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
53. Flat tableland with steep edges.
54. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
55. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
56. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
59. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
60. An associate degree in applied science.
61. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.