1. Waterproofed canvas.
5. Australian clover fern.
10. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. (Greek mythology) The rarified fluid said to flow in the veins of the Gods.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. Of or relating to or obtained from milk (especially sour milk or whey).
17. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
19. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
22. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
23. A genus of Ploceidae.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
32. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
34. One thousand grams.
35. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
36. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
38. A fraudulent business scheme.
39. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. A tight-fitting headdress.
44. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
47. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
51. An authoritative person who divines the future.
55. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
58. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
59. Being two more than fifty.
60. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
62. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
63. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
64. The first light of day.
65. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
1. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
2. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
5. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
8. A licensed medical practitioner.
9. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
10. Heal or recover.
11. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
18. A decree that prohibits something.
21. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
25. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
27. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
29. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
30. A resource.
31. An honorary law degree.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
42. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
43. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
45. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
46. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
48. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
49. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
50. (botany) Relating to or attached to the axis.
52. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
53. A disorderly outburst or tumult.
54. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
56. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
57. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
61. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.