1. An onerous or difficult concern.
5. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
10. How long something has existed.
13. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
14. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
15. Duplicator that transmits the copy by wire or radio.
16. Draw back, as with fear.
18. God of wealth and love.
19. Jordan's port.
20. English monk and scholar (672-735).
22. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
23. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
25. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
34. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
36. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. An informal term for a father.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
48. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
49. At full speed.
51. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
53. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
55. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
58. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
59. Used of physical heat.
61. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
63. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
66. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
67. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
68. A genus of Ploceidae.
69. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
2. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
3. A member of the Uniat Church.
4. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
5. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
6. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
7. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
8. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
9. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
10. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
11. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
12. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
17. Offering fun and gaiety.
21. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
32. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
37. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
38. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
40. A smile expressing smugness or scorn instead of pleasure.
41. The template for protein synthesis.
43. Changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose.
44. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
45. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
47. The residue that remains when something is burned.
50. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
52. A morel whose fertile portion resembles a bell and is attached to the stipe only at the top.
53. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
54. A neutral middle vowel.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. An informal term for a father.
60. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
61. Informal terms for a mother.
62. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
64. A person forced to flee from home or country.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.