1. A successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball).
4. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
9. God of love and erotic desire.
13. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
14. Squash bugs.
15. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
16. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
18. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
19. Money in the form of bills or coins.
20. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
22. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
24. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
25. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
27. A formal expression of praise.
30. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
33. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
36. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. Unknown god.
40. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
41. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
44. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
47. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
48. A blind god.
50. A doctor's degree in optometry.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
56. The act of scanning.
60. Located inward.
62. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
67. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
68. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
70. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
71. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
72. A large faint constellation in the southern hemisphere containing most of the Small Magellanic Cloud.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
2. The content of cognition.
3. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
4. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
5. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
6. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
7. The act of escaping physically.
8. The cry made by sheep.
9. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
10. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
11. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
12. A Loloish language.
17. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
23. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
26. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
28. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
31. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
32. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
38. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
42. Very dark black.
43. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
45. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
46. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
47. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
49. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
52. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
57. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
58. An elaborate song for solo voice.
59. Meat from a calf.
61. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
63. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
64. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
65. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
69. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
70. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.