1. A short musical composition with words.
5. A Bantu language closely related to Zulu.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
14. Any of numerous plants of the genus Capparis.
15. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
16. A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
18. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
19. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
20. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
21. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
23. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
26. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
27. Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others.
28. The last (12th) month of the year.
31. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
34. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. A Loloish language.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
45. A city in east central Texas.
47. Late time of life.
48. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
51. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
53. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
56. Remove the tusks of animals.
59. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
61. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
63. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
64. Used of a single unit or thing.
65. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
67. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
68. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
69. A protective structure of stone or concrete.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Work hastily or carelessly.
2. A song that was formerly popular.
3. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
4. Relating to or containing gnomes.
5. Being ten more than eighty.
6. An accidental happening.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. Having the surface burned quickly with intense heat.
9. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
10. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Forming viscous or glutinous threads.
17. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
22. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
24. How long something has existed.
25. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
29. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
30. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
37. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
38. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
40. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
41. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
43. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. The wood of an African obeche tree.
49. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. Indigo bush.
52. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
55. In addition.
57. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
58. God of love and erotic desire.
60. 10 grams.
62. Make amends for.
66. A colorless and odorless inert gas.