1. Top part of an apron.
4. A number that is added to another number (the augend).
10. An accountant certified by the state.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
14. Smeared thickly.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
18. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
20. A pad of paper for keeping notes.
22. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
24. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
25. An enclosed space.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
30. Before noon.
31. The cry made by sheep.
33. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
39. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
41. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
44. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
45. Having a heading or course in a certain direction.
50. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
51. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
54. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
55. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
58. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
64. The month following September and preceding November.
65. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
66. English monk and scholar (672-735).
67. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
1. Brought into existence.
2. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
3. Anything that serves as an enticement.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. A soft-nosed small-arms bullet that expands when it hits a target and causes a gaping wound.
7. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
8. Wine and hot water with sugar and lemon juice and nutmeg.
9. A doctor's degree in religion.
10. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
11. A genus of Ploceidae.
12. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
17. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
19. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
21. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
23. (Bible) The archangel who was the messenger of God.
28. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
29. A French abbot.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
37. Water frozen in the solid state.
38. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
40. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
48. American Revolutionary patriot.
49. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
52. Dearly loved.
53. In bed.
56. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
57. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
59. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
60. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
62. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.