1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Of or relating to or near the tarsus of the foot.
10. Any of various units of capacity.
13. Step on it.
14. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
15. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Grave or even gloomy in character.
18. An associate degree in applied science.
19. A rudaceous rock consisting of sharp fragments embedded in clay or sand.
21. Deprive of by deceit.
23. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
25. At full speed.
28. Before noon.
29. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
33. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
36. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
38. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
39. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
45. Cry plaintively.
47. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
51. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
55. (used in combination) Having cheeks as specified.
56. The cry made by sheep.
57. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
60. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
61. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
62. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
64. A decree that prohibits something.
65. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
66. Of or at or relating to an anode.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
3. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
4. A region in central Italy.
5. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
6. Capital and largest city of Italy.
7. A person's brother or sister.
8. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
9. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
10. Divulge information or secrets.
11. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
12. Fail to keep or to maintain.
20. Baby bed with high sides.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
27. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
30. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
31. A flexible container with a single opening.
32. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
34. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
42. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
43. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
44. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
46. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
48. Jordan's port.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
52. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
53. A telephone connection.
54. Flat tableland with steep edges.
55. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
58. A writing implement with a point from which ink flows.
59. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
63. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.