1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
10. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. A rapid bustling commotion.
14. A copper-nickel alloy with high electrical resistance and a low temperature coefficient.
15. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
16. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. A theatrical performance held during the daytime (especially in the afternoon).
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
26. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
27. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
28. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
34. Take in, also metaphorically.
38. A quantity of no importance.
39. A movable barrier used in motor racing.
42. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
43. The closing section of a musical composition.
44. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
50. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
58. A city in northern India.
60. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
63. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
64. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
65. (Scotland) A landowner.
67. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
68. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
69. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
70. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
1. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
4. A city in the European part of Russia.
5. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
6. Intense anger (usually on an epic scale).
7. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
8. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
9. Waterproof hip boots (sometimes extending to the chest) worn by anglers.
10. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
21. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
22. Divisible by two.
25. Any plant of the genus Erica.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
32. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
33. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
35. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
36. Dwell (archaic).
37. Half the width of an em.
40. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
41. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
48. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
49. A telegram sent abroad.
51. An unsteady uneven gait.
52. Possessing life.
53. Of or in or relating to the nose.
55. Advanced in years.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
57. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
59. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
61. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
62. God of war and sky.
66. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.