1. A group of countries in special alliance.
5. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
10. Standard temperature and pressure.
13. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
14. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
15. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
17. Speaking a Slavic language.
19. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
21. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
23. Conforming to truth.
25. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
28. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. The basic unit of money in Nicaragua.
34. A sudden very loud noise.
36. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
38. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
39. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
44. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
45. Of or relating to near the ear.
47. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
54. Rounded like an egg.
55. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
57. 100 kopecks equal 1 ruble.
59. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
60. The cry made by sheep.
62. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
64. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
66. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
67. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
68. A genus of Ploceidae.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (informal) Exceptionally good.
2. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
3. Roman poet remembered for his elegiac verses on love (43 BC - AD 17).
4. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
5. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
6. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
9. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
11. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
12. A city in Tuscany.
18. English monk and scholar (672-735).
20. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
22. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
24. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
26. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
27. Tag the base runner to get him out.
29. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
31. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
32. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
33. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
35. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
37. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
40. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
41. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
42. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
46. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
48. A means of serving.
49. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
50. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
51. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. Jordan's port.
56. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
58. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
61. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
63. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
65. Being one hundred more than three hundred.