1. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
4. Included seven times in every 19 years.
10. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
13. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. A large fleet.
15. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
16. Made of packed earth or gravel.
18. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
19. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
21. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
22. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
24. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
25. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
26. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
32. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
38. A inexpensive showy collectibles.
40. A member of the Tungus speaking people of Mongolian race who are a nomadic people widely spread over eastern Siberia.
43. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
47. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
48. Fallow deer.
53. A three-tone Chadic language.
55. In bed.
59. The act of scanning.
60. A Loloish language.
61. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
62. An informal term for a father.
63. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
64. By bad luck.
1. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
2. Confused movement.
3. A water wheel with buckets attached to the rim.
4. A state in the eastern United States.
5. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
6. A primeval personification of air and breath.
7. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
8. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
9. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
10. An island northwest of Wales.
11. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng.
12. Soft creamy white cheese.
17. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
20. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
23. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
30. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
31. A port city on the Caspian Sea that is the capital of Azerbaijan and an important center for oil production.
33. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
34. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
35. A state in northwestern North America.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. Rounded like an egg.
39. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. An associate degree in nursing.
44. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
45. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
46. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
49. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
50. The food served and eaten at one time.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
54. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
56. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
57. An audiotape recording of sound.
58. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.