1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
10. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
13. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
14. Lower in esteem.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. God of fire.
17. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands.
18. The basic unit of money in Albania.
19. Twist or braid together, interlace.
21. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
23. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
28. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
33. A flexible container with a single opening.
34. A light touch or stroke.
37. The square of a body of any size of type.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
41. A byproduct of inflammation.
42. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
43. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. A bachelor's degree in science.
47. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
49. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
53. Make less active or intense.
57. Affect with wonder.
58. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
61. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
62. A state of southwestern India.
63. The superior of a group of nuns.
66. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. Smeared thickly.
69. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
1. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
2. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
3. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
4. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
5. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
8. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
9. Kenyan statesman and the first president of independent Kenya (1893-1978).
10. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
20. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
22. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
24. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
27. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
30. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
31. A city in northern India.
32. Deeply moved.
35. Jordan's port.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. A yellow quartz.
40. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
44. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
46. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
50. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
51. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
52. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
54. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
55. Any of several weedy vetches grown for forage.
56. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
59. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
60. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
64. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
65. A state in north central United States.