1. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
4. Marked by smartness in dress and manners.
10. Remaining after all deductions.
13. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
14. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
15. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
16. Water frozen in the solid state.
17. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
19. The act of scanning.
21. A midwestern state in north central United States.
22. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
24. God of love and erotic desire.
25. (informal) Of the highest quality.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
30. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
34. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
40. Before noon.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. In bed.
48. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
49. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. A Hindu prince or king in India.
56. A doctor's degree in religion.
59. Someone who bakes commercially.
61. Avatar of Vishnu.
65. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
66. A fictitious name used when the person performs a particular social role.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
69. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
70. A state in midwestern United States.
71. A light touch or stroke.
1. A mixer incorporating a coil of wires.
2. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
3. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
4. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
5. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
8. English essayist (1775-1834).
9. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
10. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
11. A very light brown.
12. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
18. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
20. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
23. An associate degree in applied science.
26. Half the width of an em.
29. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
31. Found along western Atlantic coast.
32. A fit of shivering.
33. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
35. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
36. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
37. Having the deep slightly brownish color of gold.
41. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
42. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
43. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
51. American Revolutionary patriot.
53. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
54. Before noon.
55. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
57. A small cake leavened with yeast.
58. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
60. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
62. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
63. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
64. An informal term for a father.
67. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
68. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.