1. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
4. A purplish dye obtained from orchil lichens.
10. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. An enzyme secreted in the digestive tract that catalyzes the breakdown of fats into individual fatty acids that can be absorbed into the bloodstream.
15. The residue that remains when something is burned.
17. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
19. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
21. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
22. Informal terms for your occupation.
25. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
26. Sports equipment that is worn on the feet to enable the wearer to glide along on wheels and to be propelled by the alternate actions of the legs.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
38. Before noon.
42. Indigo bush.
44. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
46. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
47. First in order of importance.
48. American Revolutionary leader (born in Prussia) who trained the troops under George Washington (1730-1794).
51. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
55. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
56. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
59. The cry made by sheep.
60. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
61. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
63. A container.
64. An affirmative.
65. A port city in southwestern Iran.
66. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
1. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
2. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
5. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
6. An accountant certified by the state.
7. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
8. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
9. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
10. Hardened sugary exudation of various trees.
11. Out of bed.
12. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
20. Injured by bites or stings.
23. Any of several fleet black-and-white striped African equines.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. God of love and erotic desire.
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A boy or man.
35. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
36. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
37. Lacking in rigor or strictness.
39. A Muslim woman of high rank in India or Pakistan.
40. A city in southeastern Spain.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Any of various spectacular plants of the genus Laelia having showy flowers in many colors.
45. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
49. An account describing incidents or events.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A French abbot.
53. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
54. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
57. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
58. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
62. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.