1. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
4. Fig tree of India noted for great size and longevity.
9. God of love and erotic desire.
13. A doctor's degree in education.
14. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
15. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
16. The sixth month of the civil year.
18. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
19. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
20. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
22. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. Before noon.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
31. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
36. Remove offensive capability from.
39. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
41. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
43. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
44. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
50. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
51. Being one more than three.
53. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
54. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
55. Any location known for vice and corruption.
59. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
63. The basic unit of money in China.
64. A small cake leavened with yeast.
66. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
67. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
68. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
69. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
3. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
4. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
5. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
6. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
7. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
8. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. Little known Kamarupan languages.
12. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
17. A motley assortment of things.
21. Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers.
23. Avatar of Vishnu.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
32. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
33. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
34. A quantity of no importance.
35. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
38. Type genus of the Majidae.
40. A radioactive transuranic element synthesized from californium.
42. Of or relating to the heart.
43. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
45. A Loloish language.
48. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
49. German hero.
52. A Russian river.
53. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. The face of a timepiece.
57. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
58. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
60. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
61. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
62. The bill in a restaurant.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.