1. The sixth month of the civil year.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
10. Inquire about.
13. United States film actress who appeared in films by D. W. Griffith (1896-1993).
14. Squash bugs.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. A battle (333 BC) in which Alexander the Great defeated the Persians under Darius III.
18. Aromatic Old World herb having aromatic threadlike foliage and seeds used as seasoning.
19. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
20. One who is playfully mischievous.
21. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
22. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
24. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
27. Used of a single unit or thing.
28. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
32. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
35. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. Capital of Swaziland.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
44. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
45. The cry made by sheep.
47. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
48. A Russian river.
51. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
56. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
59. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
62. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
63. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
64. Submerged freshwater perennials.
65. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people.
2. A public dance hall for dancing to recorded popular music.
3. State in northeastern India.
4. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
7. A sudden short attack.
8. The sign language used in the United States.
9. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. The act of scanning.
12. God of love and erotic desire.
17. The complete duration of something.
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
26. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
30. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
31. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
33. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
34. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. A Russian dish made with patties of ground meat (mixed with onions and bread and milk) and served with a sauce of sour cream.
40. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
42. A loss of will power.
46. In bed.
49. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
50. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
52. Toward the mouth or oral region.
53. A quantity of no importance.
54. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
55. A small nail.
57. The fatty flesh of eel.
58. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
60. A state in New England.
61. An uproarious party.