1. The unit of frequency.
4. Having help.
9. Marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction.
13. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
14. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
15. Stiff coarse fiber from the outer husk of a coconut.
16. A master's degree in business.
17. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
19. A genus of Ploceidae.
21. (trade mark) A soft form of cereal for infants.
23. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
25. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
26. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
29. American novelist (1909-1955).
32. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
35. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
39. A resource.
40. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
43. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
45. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
47. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
48. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
50. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
56. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
64. A city in the European part of Russia.
65. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
66. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
67. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
68. Towards the side away from the wind.
69. An Anatolian language.
70. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
2. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
5. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
6. Fierce wild dog of the forests of central and southeast Asia that hunts in packs.
7. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
8. Flowing in drops.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. Small Peruvian evergreen with broad rounded head and slender pendant branches with attractive clusters of greenish flowers followed by clusters of rose-pink fruits.
11. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
12. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
20. Mother goddess.
22. How long something has existed.
24. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. One of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
31. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A flexible container with a single opening.
36. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
37. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
38. Having leadership guidance.
41. The largest of the Balearic Islands.
42. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
44. The cry made by sheep.
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. Lower in esteem.
49. Any plant of the genus Erica.
51. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
53. A French abbot.
55. Heal or recover.
57. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
58. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
59. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
61. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
62. Being one more than two.
63. An enclosed space.