1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
10. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
13. Having been read.
14. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Offering fun and gaiety.
17. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. Whip scorpions.
20. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
22. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
23. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
30. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
33. A member of the Finno-Ugric-speaking people living in eastern European Russia.
34. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
38. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
39. A port city in southwestern Iran.
42. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
44. Type genus of the Bramidae.
48. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A means of serving.
57. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
58. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
59. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
61. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
62. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
63. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing.
64. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. Present reasons and arguments.
2. United States psychologist who experimented with psychoactive drugs (including LSD) and became a well-known advocate of their use (1920-1996).
3. In great numbers.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
5. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. Seed of a pea plant.
8. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
9. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
10. South African term for `boss'.
11. By bad luck.
12. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
21. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
24. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
25. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. A small lump or protuberance.
28. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
29. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A genus of Ploceidae.
35. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
36. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
37. A United Nations agency that invest directly in companies and guarantees loans to private investors.
40. A master's degree in business.
41. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
43. God of wealth and love.
45. With rapid movements.
46. Apple trees.
47. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
49. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
50. A sudden short attack.
51. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
52. A sudden very loud noise.
55. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
56. Automatic data processing in which data acquisition and other stages or processing are integrated into a coherent system.
60. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.