1. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
4. Informal terms for objecting.
9. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
13. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
14. (botany) Especially of leaves.
15. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
18. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
19. Type genus of the Majidae.
20. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
21. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
23. A decree that prohibits something.
24. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A flexible container with a single opening.
33. A small nail.
35. Lacking in security or safety.
38. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
41. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
44. Occurring at or forming an end or termination.
45. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
47. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
49. An informal term for a father.
51. A Loloish language.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
56. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
57. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
61. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
67. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
69. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
70. A doctor's degree in education.
71. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
72. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
1. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
2. An account describing incidents or events.
3. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
4. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
5. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
6. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
7. A genus of Ploceidae.
8. English essayist (1775-1834).
9. Your general store of remembered information.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
12. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
17. Jordan's port.
22. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
25. The airforce of Great Britain.
26. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
28. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
31. Type genus of the Anatidae.
34. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
36. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
37. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
39. Tag the base runner to get him out.
40. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. Before noon.
46. Avatar of Vishnu.
50. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
55. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
56. Before noon.
58. A narrow way or road.
59. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
60. Pulled or drawn tight.
62. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
63. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
68. Informal terms for a mother.