1. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
4. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
10. Of southern Europe.
13. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
14. French writer who was the embodiment of 18th century Enlightenment (1694-1778).
15. An accountant certified by the state.
16. Being eight more than fifty.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
19. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
20. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
22. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
24. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
25. The capital of Croatia.
28. Two-masted sailing vessel square-rigged on both masts.
30. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
39. (British colloquialism) An excavation.
40. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
47. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
49. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
51. A Russian river.
53. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
55. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
59. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
64. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
65. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. United States Army surgeon who suppressed yellow fever in Havana and in the Panama Canal Zone (1854-1920).
67. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
68. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
69. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
70. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
2. Being in competition.
3. Having the same or similar characteristics.
4. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
5. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. A state of southwestern India.
7. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
8. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
9. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
10. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
11. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
17. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
21. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
23. In bed.
26. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
31. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
32. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
33. The second largest city in Tunisia.
35. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
36. On or toward the lee.
38. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
43. The cry made by sheep.
46. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
48. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
50. Water accumulated in the bilge of a ship.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
55. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
56. Set down according to a plan.
57. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
58. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
60. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
62. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
63. The sign language used in the United States.