1. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
5. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
10. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
13. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
14. Having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. A French abbot.
19. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
20. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
21. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
23. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
24. Any of various units of capacity.
26. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
27. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
28. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
30. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A university in Massachusetts.
43. A kind of person.
44. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
53. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
54. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
58. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
60. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
63. An associate degree in applied science.
64. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
65. A port city in southwestern Iran.
67. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
68. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
69. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
70. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
1. Squash bugs.
2. The act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court).
3. Something that happens at a given place and time.
4. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
5. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
8. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
9. Chief port of Yemen.
10. The unit of plane angle adopted under the System International d'Unites.
11. Remote and separate physically or socially.
12. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
17. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
25. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A form of address for a man.
33. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
37. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
39. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
40. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
41. A tight-fitting headdress.
42. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
45. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
46. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
48. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
49. Soviet chief of secret police under Joseph Stalin.
50. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
51. A genus of Ploceidae.
55. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
56. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
57. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
59. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
61. 10 grams.
62. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
66. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.