1. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
5. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
10. Inquire about.
13. An elaborate song for solo voice.
14. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
18. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
19. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
20. The act of escaping physically.
22. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. A neutral middle vowel.
30. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
35. Seed of a pea plant.
36. A bachelor's degree in religion.
38. Related to or written for or performed by a chorus or choir.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
45. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
46. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
48. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
49. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
51. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
52. Of or relating to or derived from or containing boron.
54. A large zodiacal constellation between Libra and Sagittarius.
59. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
62. A strong emotion.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
66. A young woman.
67. An accountant certified by the state.
68. Jordan's port.
69. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
1. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
2. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
3. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
4. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
5. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
7. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
8. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. Singing jazz.
12. God of love and erotic desire.
17. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
21. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
25. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
26. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
28. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
29. A city in east central Texas.
31. (informal) Of the highest quality.
32. A small nail.
33. A small cake leavened with yeast.
34. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
37. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
39. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
41. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
43. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
44. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
47. Small New Zealand broadleaf evergreen tree often cultivated in warm regions as an ornamental.
50. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
51. A white trivalent metallic element.
53. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
55. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
56. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
57. The basic unit of money on Malta.
58. With no effort to conceal.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
65. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.