1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. Away from the mouth or oral region.
10. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
13. Less than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
14. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
15. The seventh and last day of the week.
16. Secondary or explanatory title.
18. Jordan's port.
20. United States assassin of President John F. Kennedy (1939-1963).
23. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
27. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
28. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
33. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
39. A state in southeastern United States.
40. An associate degree in nursing.
41. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
43. A laborer who is obliged to do menial work.
47. Short and fat.
53. Not in.
54. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
57. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. A state in northwestern North America.
61. An accountant certified by the state.
62. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
63. 100 dirhams equal 1 riyal.
64. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. In addition.
2. (British) Common sense.
3. The compass point that is one point west of southwest.
4. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
5. Bearing or characterized by a blade or sword.
6. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
7. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
8. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
9. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
10. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
11. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
12. A state in the western United States.
17. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. A shade of blue tinged with green.
22. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
32. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
37. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
38. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
42. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
44. Well matched.
45. Conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual.
46. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
48. A small nail.
49. A thin coat of water-base paint.
50. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
51. Chevrotain somewhat larger than the kanchil.
52. Two items of the same kind.
55. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
56. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
60. Before noon.