1. An informal term for a father.
4. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
10. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
13. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
14. make a deposition.
15. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
16. An awkward stupid person.
17. Any plant of the genus Erica.
19. (informal) Exceptionally good.
21. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
22. Used of locations.
24. An informal conversation.
26. An associate degree in nursing.
27. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
38. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
41. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
42. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
44. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
48. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
56. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Make or shape as with an axe.
62. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
63. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
64. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
65. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
4. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
5. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
6. Situated at an apex.
7. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
8. Type genus of the Anatidae.
9. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.
10. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
11. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
20. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
28. A French abbot.
31. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
32. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. Fallow deer.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
40. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
41. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.
43. In bed.
45. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
46. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
47. A shade of brown with a tinge of red.
50. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
53. Very dark black.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
57. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
61. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.