1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
5. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
10. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
13. An opening into or through something.
14. An uproarious party.
15. A column of light (as from a beacon).
16. Jordan's port.
18. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
19. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
20. Italian painter and art historian (1511-1574).
22. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
24. An associate degree in nursing.
25. Do away with.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
33. Genus of Eurasian spiny shrubs.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
38. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
41. A state in the eastern United States.
43. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
44. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
45. A large fleet.
48. (informal) Very bad.
49. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
50. Open to change.
54. Follower of Rastafarianism.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. A resource.
61. The force of workers available.
62. Go away from the surface to which it is adsorbed, of a substance.
64. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
65. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
66. Tropical African herbs.
67. Having leadership guidance.
1. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
2. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in California.
3. By bad luck.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
6. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
7. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
8. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
9. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
10. Membranous tube with cartilaginous rings that conveys inhaled air from the larynx to the bronchi.
11. Avatar of Vishnu.
12. A compound used as a fixing agent in photographic developing.
17. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
21. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
26. Unwisely talking too much.
27. Immature of its kind.
28. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
31. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
32. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
34. Towards the side away from the wind.
35. Being three more than ninety.
39. Block passage through.
40. A recognizable kind.
42. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
46. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
47. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
51. In bed.
52. An unofficial association of people or groups.
53. Neither warm or very cold.
55. The periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon.
56. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
58. A unit of pressure.
59. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
63. The square of a body of any size of type.