1. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
4. A woman of refinement.
9. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. Excessively fat.
15. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
16. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
17. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
18. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
19. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
21. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
23. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
26. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
27. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
31. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
33. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
35. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
36. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
37. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. Type genus of the Gavidae.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
46. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
49. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
52. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
54. (archaic) A fitting reward.
55. A fraudulent business scheme.
57. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
58. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
60. One who works hard at boring tasks.
61. The products of human creativity.
62. (New Testament) Supposed brother of St James.
63. The content of cognition.
1. A genus of Viperidae.
2. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
3. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
4. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
7. Inquire about.
8. (South African) An ear of corn.
9. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
11. Make reference to.
12. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
20. A French abbot.
22. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
24. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
25. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
28. An informal term for a father.
29. A newt in its terrestrial stage of development.
30. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
38. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
39. A portable brazier that burns charcoal and has a grill for cooking.
40. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
41. A lyric poet.
43. British informal term.
45. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
46. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
47. A separate part of a whole.
48. A form of Japanese poetry.
50. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
51. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
53. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
57. That is to say.
59. A Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic.