1. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
5. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. By bad luck.
13. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
14. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
15. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
19. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
21. Filled with a great quantity.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
25. A light touch or stroke.
26. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. Small or little relative to something else.
41. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
44. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
45. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
50. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
55. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
58. South African term for `boss'.
59. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
60. Come into possession of.
62. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
63. A negative.
64. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
65. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. A bachelor's degree in music.
2. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
5. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
6. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
7. A young horse.
8. An associate degree in nursing.
9. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
10. Lacking excess flesh.
11. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
12. Wearing footgear.
17. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
18. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. The cry made by sheep.
27. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
28. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
30. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
31. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
32. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
34. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
35. Before noon.
36. A swampy arm or slow-moving outlet of a lake (term used mainly in Mississippi and Louisiana).
37. Divulge information or secrets.
39. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
42. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
43. One of the three Furies.
46. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
48. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
49. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
53. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
54. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
56. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.