1. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
4. A city in east central China.
10. A female person who has the same parents as another person.
13. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
14. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
15. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
16. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
18. Same in identity.
19. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
20. An aromatic balsam.
21. A state in New England.
22. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
24. Leather with a napped surface.
26. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
38. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
39. A person forced to flee from home or country.
40. Large Old World butterflies.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
45. Commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds.
46. A small cake leavened with yeast.
48. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
52. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
56. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
60. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
61. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
62. Capital of Armenia.
64. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
65. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
66. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. (usually in the plural) A garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately.
2. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
3. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
4. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
5. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
6. The face veil worn by Muslim women.
7. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
8. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
9. A thick fatty oil (especially one used to lubricate machinery).
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
12. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
17. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
23. Informal terms for a mother.
25. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
27. An overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa).
30. (of champagne) Extremely dry.
31. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
32. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
37. A short composition for a solo instrument.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
42. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
44. An informal term for a father.
47. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
51. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
53. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
54. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
55. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
57. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
58. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
59. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
60. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
64. A radioactive element of the actinide series.