1. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
4. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
10. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
13. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
14. Philippine tree similar to the breadfruit tree bearing edible fruit.
15. A slight amount or degree of difference.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
18. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. A French abbot.
22. Being one more than two.
23. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
24. (informal) Of the highest quality.
25. A small nail.
27. Any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage).
34. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
36. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
38. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
39. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
41. A port city in southwestern Iran.
43. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
44. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
45. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
51. Any loose flowing garment.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
64. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
65. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
66. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Before noon.
5. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
6. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
7. A republic in southwestern Africa on the south Atlantic coast (formerly called South West Africa).
8. Half the width of an em.
9. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
10. A state in the western United States.
11. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
12. Chief port of Yemen.
17. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
20. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
26. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
28. An endorsement.
29. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
30. A person forced to flee from home or country.
31. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
32. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
33. A blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart.
35. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
37. Dwell (archaic).
40. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
42. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. United States poet and critic (1899-1979).
52. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
55. Common Indian weaverbird.
56. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
58. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
59. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
60. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.