1. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
4. A city in central Illinois on the Illinois River.
10. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
13. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
14. Of or relating to the lips of the mouth.
15. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
16. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
18. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
20. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
21. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
27. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
30. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
31. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
34. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
35. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety.
42. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
43. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
45. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
47. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
48. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
52. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
55. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
56. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
61. A member of a people inhabiting the Arctic (northern Canada or Greenland or Alaska or eastern Siberia).
64. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
65. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Acular and Toradol) that is administered only intramuscularly.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid).
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
4. Flesh of large European flatfish.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
8. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
9. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
10. Any of various Spanish fortresses or palaces built by the Moors.
11. Located in or toward the back or rear.
12. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
17. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
19. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
22. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
24. Spread or daub over.
25. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
28. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
29. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
32. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
36. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
38. Enchanter's nightshade.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
40. A Bantu language spoken in the coastal regions of eastern Kenya.
41. Cut with or as if with scissors.
44. A fraudulent business scheme.
46. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
53. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
54. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
57. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
62. A white trivalent metallic element.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.