1. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
4. United States filmmaker whose works include the first feature-length film with sound sequences (1902-1979).
10. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
13. The habitation of wild animals.
14. Of or relating to abasia (inability to walk).
15. The last (12th) month of the year.
16. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
17. Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity.
19. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. A shape that sags.
23. In bed.
26. Jordan's port.
33. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
36. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
37. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
40. A tube in which a body fluid circulates.
45. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. With no effort to conceal.
55. A small piece of cloth.
58. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
59. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
60. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
62. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
63. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
64. A port city in southwestern Iran.
65. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
2. Not only so, but.
3. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
4. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
5. Lower in esteem.
6. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
7. (Sumerian) Sun god.
8. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
9. One thousand periods per second.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
11. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
12. The act of scanning.
18. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
20. A small cake leavened with yeast.
22. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
27. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
28. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
31. Singing jazz.
32. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
38. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
39. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
41. A light touch or stroke.
42. Cut the head of.
43. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
44. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
46. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
47. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
48. An Italian woman of rank.
50. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
54. An informal term for a father.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
57. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
61. An associate degree in nursing.