1. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
5. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
10. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
13. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
14. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
15. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
16. A port city in southwestern Iran.
18. A town in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
20. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
21. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. Used of a single unit or thing.
24. The act of scanning.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. European herb resembling vetch.
32. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
38. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
39. An honorary degree in science.
40. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
43. An internal representation of the world.
46. Type genus of the Nepidae.
48. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. Inquire about.
54. A car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money.
58. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. Characteristic of false pride.
62. A bachelor's degree in theology.
63. A member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers.
65. A small piece of cloth.
66. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
67. Of or relating to herbs.
68. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
2. Of a tire.
3. Toward the mouth or oral region.
4. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
5. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
8. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
9. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
10. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
11. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
12. An island northwest of Wales.
17. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
19. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
25. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
26. Possessing material wealth.
29. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
30. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
31. An informal term for a father.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
42. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
44. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
45. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
47. Someone who asks a question.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
52. A state in midwestern United States.
53. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. A city of central China.
57. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
59. The residue that remains when something is burned.
60. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
61. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
64. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.