1. A city in northwestern Syria.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
9. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
13. Informal terms for money.
14. The capital of Western Samoa.
15. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
16. Lie adjacent to another.
17. The act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat.
18. A conveyance that transports passengers or freight in carriers suspended from cables and supported by a series of towers.
19. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
21. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
24. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
33. Very small free-living arachnid that is parasitic on animals or plants.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. The closing section of a musical composition.
43. Being one more than one.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
50. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
52. An informal term for a father.
55. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
62. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
63. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
64. The capital of Eritrea.
65. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
3. The twelfth month of the civil year.
4. Part of the perianth that is usually brightly colored.
5. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
6. (computer science) The part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing.
7. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
10. A republic in western South America.
11. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
12. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
20. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
22. Made of or resembling lace.
25. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
30. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
32. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
38. (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree.
41. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
44. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
46. Any plant of the genus Erica.
47. Held back.
49. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
51. A member of a Finnish people of Russia.
53. Common Indian weaverbird.
54. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
56. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
57. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
58. Fiddler crabs.
59. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.